The track controlled driving, sometimes also known as path following, enables the vehicle to exaclty follow xy-coordinates on the road even for high dynamic driving maneuvers. CO.TRACK is a closed-loop real time control that calculates the required steering wheel angle depending on the current vehicle position. It is based on VEHICOs long-standing expertise in the field of high-performance vehicle control.
Reproducible, smooth and robust steering with at the same time intuitive operation are essential features. CO.TRACK is available as software option for all of our steering robots.
CO.TRACK - Key Features
• highly dynamic driving maneuvers with lateral acceleration up to 1g
• smooth, yet very quick steering response
• independent of vehicle speed
• suitable also for low-µ testing on snow, ice or gravel
• compatible with all standard GPS sensor systems like Oxford, Racelogic, Genesys or iMar
• simple definition of the desired track by recording manual driving or with the intuitiv VEHICO scripting language
• any combination of open-loop and closed-loop maneuvers possible
• quick and easy adaptation to different vehicles
• simple extension with brake and accelerator robots for fully automated driving CO.DRIVE
CO.TRACK - Required Components
For the automatic track control CO.TRACK you need following components:
• VEHICO Steering Robot
• software option CO.TRACK
• GPS sensor system with IMU integration
Reproducibility and accuracy
Highest track accuracies even with maneuvers at the physical limit are achieved with CO.TRACK. Completely independent of the vehicle speed. The vehicle remains stable.
By having a look at the plot of 6 repeatedly driven ISO 3888 lane change tests you get a first impression of the accuracy: Even under these extreme conditions the reproducibility is so high that the results nearly cannot be distinguised.
CO.TRACK can be operated in the entire dynamic and velocity range of a vehicle. Thus, the system can be used in various areas, whether you want to drive up a line on tarmac, a circle on snow or a dynamic handling course. Each test drive is precise and reproducible.
Range of Applications
The areas of CO.TRACK are tests in which the accuracy of the vehicle's track is of particular importance. A prerequisite is that a driver is still allowed in the test vehicle or that the vehicle can be drawn by an external drive (eg.: cable winch).
• development and testing of ADAS systems
• EuroNCAP AEB city, inter urban and pedestrian testing
• ISO3888 double lane change
• brake tests with maximum track accuracy
• testing of Lane Keeping Assistants
• cornering stability - aquaplaning tests
• steady-state circular driving
• circle driving
• and much more